[ic] $::Control leaking between pages? (was: Data appearing from different catalog)

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Apr 3 04:31:09 UTC 2016

On 03/04/16 12:25, Peter wrote:
> This sounds like $::Control is leaking between page requests, are you
> running Interchange in RPC traffic mode (as set in interchange.cfg)?

Just for a bit of explanation here, when you run Interchange in RPC
traffic mode child processes are recycled to serve up multiple page
requests.  In doing so certain variables have to be explicitly cleared
for each page request or they can pick up values from previous pages
which set those variables.  This is done in the reset_vars() sub in
Server.pm.

What I think is happening is that $::Control is not reset in this
process, and is picking up values from previous pages that were served
by the same child process.  This would be a bug in Interchange if this
is the case and needs to be fixed.

Peter