[ic] $::Control leaking between pages?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Apr 3 21:27:22 UTC 2016

On 04/04/16 06:50, Mike Heins wrote:
>> I think this would be possible in the case of a new session,
>> not otherwise.

Possibly also in the case of a "nosession" robot.  I did notice that
$::Control is cleared in read_session(), but only if a valid session
actually is read.  I think that also this would only really show up if a
control variable is not explicitly set (in the [control-set] tag) for a
page (otherwise the newly set value would override the old), so a fair
few stars have to align properly for this bug to rear its head (which
would be why this hasn't shown up until now).

> Actually, this should happen in Vend::Server::reset_vars(), and I have
> done that. If you apply this patch:

Almost exactly what I was thinking.

> I have committed this to the repository.

Great.

Peter