[ic] 5.10 Issue

Mike mikeh at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 2 13:48:32 UTC 2016

Quoting S. Caballe (scaballe at gmail.com):
> On 01/08/16 22:02, Salvador Caballe wrote:
> >On 31/07/16 22:06, Mike Heins wrote:
> >>Quoting  Salvador Caballé (scaballe at gmail.com):

> >>I asked because I recently made a change to Vend::Scan, albeit a minor
> >>one.
> >>
> >>I now wonder if you have some embedded Perl which uses the Search
> >>object and some upgrade to some other module now causes it to violate
> >>Safe. The Vend::DbSearch module is included, and you shouldn't get
> >>this error in the normal search.
> >>

> >Mike,
> >
> >Thanks for the information, I'll check the code in the results page
> >
> >best regards
> >Salvador
>
> I found 2 problems, one was the ncheck_category tag, was an old version.
>
> the other problem is in an ActionMap subroutine
>
> the following code not work with 5.10
>
> Actionmap brand <<EOR
>  sub {
>         my ($action, $brand) = split ('/', shift);
>         $CGI->{mv_todo} = 'search';
>         $CGI->{mv_value} = 'more_link=';
>         $CGI->{mv_searchspec} = "$brand";
>         $CGI->{mv_profile} = 's3';
>         $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'results.html';
>         $Tag->update('process');
>         return 1;
>  }
> EOR
>
> returns this error:
>
> Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please
> report the error or try again later. (Can't locate object method
> "new" via package "Vend::DbSearch" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "Vend::DbSearch"?) at /home/interch/interchange/lib/Vend/Scan.pm
> line 523. )
>
> same ActionMap code on 5.8.2 works ok

If that is in catalog.cfg, it may not work. Again, that depends
on the underlying Perl, not so much on Interchange.

If you were to move that ActionMap to interchange.cfg to make
it global, it probably would work.

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting    http://www.endpoint.com/

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer