[ic] No sockets -- INTERCHANGE SERVER TERMINATING

Josh Lavin jlavin at endpoint.com
Thu Aug 11 22:32:55 UTC 2016

Quoting Matthew Klassen (matt at yoursole.com):
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm trying to set up our companies existing dev environment in Vagrant
> (Ubuntu 14.04). We use perlbrew with perl-5.10.1 for the Interchange
> install. We've set this up on many different machines and it has always
> worked, but I'm getting failures on the "make test" of the Interchange
> source in Vagrant. The output is quite verbose, but here it is:
>
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/home/vagrant/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.10.1/bin/perl"
> "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl
> server/unixmode.......No sockets -- INTERCHANGE SERVER TERMINATING
> ok 1
[snip]
> not ok 2
> link/unixmode.........not ok 3 (Undefined path for Socket::pack_sockaddr_un
> at /home/vagrant/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.10.1/lib/5.10.1/x86_64-linux/Socket.pm
> line 871, <PID> line 1.
> )
>
> # When the above test fails, it may be due to your ISP or some other
> # mechanism blocking port 8786.
>
> server/inetmode.......The previous Interchange server was not running and
> probably
> terminated with an error.
> ok 4
> link/inetmode.........ok 5
> server/control........ok 6
> 6 tests run -- 2/6 failed.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

Hi Matthew,

I've seen `make test` fail quite a bit, but it's usually always on
"server/control":
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/issues/104

It's interesting that yours is failing on "server/unixmode" and
"link/unixmode" also has the "Undefined path for Socket".

Have you tried running `make install` anyways?

I would also be interested if more recent Perls avoid the error in
vagrant, such as 5.22.0 or 5.24.0.

Best,
Josh
--