[ic] UTF-8-issue

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Dec 6 00:22:37 UTC 2016

On 06/12/16 13:02, René wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I stumbled into a new Internal Server Error when exporting tables via
> the admin-ui. I got the following error in the log:
>
> admin/export_table Runtime error: Undefined subroutine
> &Vend::CharSet::is_utf8 called at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/CharSet.pm line 61
>
> This time the reason was a forgotten "export MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8=1" in
> my init-script. Removing that line fixed it. Users upgrading with
> MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8 set will most likely get the same error if not
> removing this setting..

More to the point is_utf8 is explicitly not exported to Vend::CharSet if
MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8 is set, which suggests that in this case
export_table should not be attempting to call is_utf8.

I think we may run across this on occasion and as such it might make
sense to put in a stub is_utf8 function that always returns false when
MINIVEND_DISABLE_UTF8 is set.

Peter