[ic] Interchange 5.10 Strap

Gort IC icgort33 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 00:33:35 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 12:39 AM, kerry <kerry at basicq.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to alter the vertical menu system to have
> 1.Main
> 2    Sub1
> 3        Sub2
> without having to be a programing expert?

For one catalog I copied the generated HTML of the vertical menu (by
viewing the source of the generated home page) so that I could quickly
customise the menu and links.

After editing the HTML with a text editor I saved the file to
something like templates/components/product_menu_static and then used
this component where I wanted the custom menu to appear.

templates/components/product_menu_static

[comment]
ui_name: product_menu_static
ui_type: component
ui_class: vertical
ui_group: Navigation
ui_label: Products Menu Static

[/comment]
<!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component product_menu_static] -->

PASTE generated HTML here and manually customise links and flyouts as needed

<!-- END COMPONENT [control component product_menu_static] -->

To load this static HTML version on a test page edit the component bit:

[control-set]
        [component]product_menu_static[/component]
        [output]left[/output]
[/control-set]

Or if you wanted to use the static HTML version on all pages save the
component as product_tree

If you need fancier fly outs, more levels etc instead you could search
the net for a suitable bootstrap flyout menu, customise and paste that
in instead i.e. something like:
https://www.snip2code.com/Snippet/46517/Boot-Strap-Flyout-Menu

This is not an elegant solution but could be a quick way of getting to
what you need.

Tying it into the IC menu editor would be cool but would take a little
longer perhaps something to look at down the track.