[ic] 5.10 /Strap and Paypal

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Wed Feb 17 14:13:29 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 17 February 2016 09:01:26 DB wrote:
> > On 02/17/2016 02:36 PM, DB wrote:
> >> I was checking out the demo store and considering using it for a small
> >> project. To integrate Paypal Express would one follow a procedure
> >> similar to that of previous versions, using the instructions in Lyn's
> >> module or is there an easier way? Thanks!
> >
> > I used Business::PayPal::API::ExpressCheckout on my latest integration of
> > PayPal express with Interchange 5, which is IMHO less complicated and
> > don't embeds all kind of Interchange variables. About 300 lines of
> > custom code.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >           Racke
>
> Less complicated is good and my next question is predictable. Is this
> custom code on github or something, or maybe available from a
> coin-operated vending machine?
>
> DB

I suppose I should pipe up here and say I've written a new
Business::PayPal::XML, based on Business::PayPal::API but written anew in XML
rather than SOAP - mainly for the sake of better readability and
maintainability. It does pretty much everything in the current Paypal API with
only a couple of calls left to implement. I freely admit that my old Paypal
module for IC has turned into a bit of a nightmare to maintain, and it has to
be said that B::P::API is now in need of updating.

B::P::XML works very well on Dancer with a custom plugin, but the wrapper I've
written for IC5 refuses to work for me. I expect whatever's wrong is something
so blindingly obvious that I'm blind to it, but at the moment I'm too busy
with other stuff to fix it. B::P::XML needs to be documented before I put it
on CPAN, so currently it's just private. You're welcome to both if you want,
so long as they don't go public before being properly finished and documented.

Regards
Lyn