[ic] Correcting the products database

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Sat Jan 16 19:27:55 UTC 2016

If I understand you correctly you are saying:
- you tried the removal of the .products.sql and placed a file called
'products.sql' in the products directory
- the result was the creation of a new_products table and an error "products
not a valid database ... failed"
- then you removed the .new_products.sql and put back products.sql and
.products.sql and restarted
- by now your products table was empty
- then you used the admin import to upload the new products file and this
worked without a problem ...

The process of importing updates creates those new_xxxxxx files.
If the process finishes successfully it is renamed to xxxxxx (so
new_products.txt would be renamed to products.txt).

Now I thought that usually the database files had an extentions of .txt  ..
So a product file to update would be called 'products.txt' ...
The files with the name products.sql (or .products.sql) are the system files
... Usually you either have products.sql or .products.sql.
But perhaps somewhere in your update it has changed convention and you are
now getting .products.sql and used to have products.sql (check the time
stamps).

So if you had not named your file products.txt that would be the easy
answer, but I doubt it's this easy. :)