[ic] 5.10 Issue

Mike Heins mikeh at endpoint.com
Sun Jul 31 20:06:30 UTC 2016

Quoting EA3KZ Salvador Caballé (scaballe at gmail.com):
> On 31/07/16 12:48, M Heins wrote:
> >Quoting Salvador Caballe (scaballe at gmail.com):
> >>
> >>I try to upgrade  a catalog from IC 5.8.2 to 5.10 and I have the
> >>following error in search pages:
> >>
> >>Can't locate object method "new" via package "Vend::DbSearch"
> >>(perhaps you forgot to load "Vend::DbSearch"?) at
> >>/home/interch/interchange/lib/Vend/Scan.pm line 523.
> >>
> >>same code works without problem in IC 5.8.2
> >>some clue??
> >>

> >Is this 5.10 release, or latest from the git repository?
> >

> The 5.10 stable release tar file, dated Jan-6-2016
>
> http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.10/tar/interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz

I asked because I recently made a change to Vend::Scan, albeit a minor
one.

I now wonder if you have some embedded Perl which uses the Search
object and some upgrade to some other module now causes it to violate
Safe. The Vend::DbSearch module is included, and you shouldn't get
this error in the normal search.

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting    http://www.endpoint.com/

Making the simple complex, that is easy -- anyone can do that.
But to make the complex simple, awesomely simple, that is
true creativity.  -- Charles Mingus