[ic] intermittent 500 error with Link.pm

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 01:03:58 UTC 2016

I'm seeing a fair number of 500s in my apache2 access_log which
correlate to these in my apache2 error_log:

Software caused connection abort at Interchange/Link.pm line 772.\n

Line 772 is 'print @out;' from below:

$r->content_type($set_content);
my $no_blank_lines = $r->dir_config('NoBlankLines');
while (<SOCK>) {
push @out, $_ unless $no_blank_lines and ! /\S/;
}
close (SOCK) or die "close: $!\n";
print @out;

I'm sometimes able to duplicate the problem in a browser by clicking a
new link before the previously clicked link has delivered its HTML.
My perl skills are weak but does Link.pm need to handle some kind of
an exception at line 772?

- Grant