[ic] Caching and session IDs

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Thu Oct 6 19:53:01 UTC 2016

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 1:46 PM, Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm tempted to enable some kind of server-side page caching but the
> session IDs appended to internal links on the first page of each
> session would be a problem.  Is it safe to disable session IDs on
> internal links these days?

Yeah, I think Cookies + JS is pretty much the norm these days, no matter what those curmudgeons among us would like. :-)

Here’s some info about caching in Interchange to consider:

http://blog.endpoint.com/2013/10/full-page-caching-in-interchange-5.html

Additionally, you’ll need to make sure you are only caching responses that are valid for everyone hitting this resource; you can’t just blindly do GET requests w/200 or 301.
--
David Christensen
End Point Corporation
david at endpoint.com