[ic] area tag broken for full URLs

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Feb 9 20:53:30 UTC 2017

On 09/02/17 21:25, Frank Reitzenstein wrote:
> hehe you are right Racke. I would never have thought of doing that,
> because that was never the context.
>
> Whatever will they think of next?

The idea is you can use it to compile form attributes to any URL, not
just Interchange pages, plus you can use it as a generic URL parser
where you can pass either an IC page name or a full URL easily.  This
might come in handy if you have say a banners table with an href column
for the href to link the banner to.  By passing the href column directly
to the area tag you can turn it into the full URL and it would allow you
to put either a bare page name or a full URL into the column if you want
without requiring additional parsing or a separatte field to indicate if
it's a page name or a full URL for the link.

I'm sure there are other handy uses of it as well.

Peter