[ic] RFC: New AlwaysSecureGlob directive

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Mon Mar 27 15:32:57 UTC 2017

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

>> Before I push it to the main repository I'd like to solicit any
>> feedback you all may have on a new catalog directive
>> "AlwaysSecureGlob", which is the same as AlwaysSecure but allows
>> shell-style glob wildcards * and ? to be used, and requires
>> comma-separation as other similar directives do (such as RobotUA).
>
> Of course rewriting of these links could also happen at web server
> level. It would be a tad more efficient there, as well.

You'll have to explain what you mean by this. I don't understand.

I can't see how having the web server parse the HTML response page and
rewrite the links (a brand new step the site is not doing now) could
possibly be faster than just having Interchange output the correct URL we
want in the first place.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen