[ic] [interchange] Correct logic of DisplayErrors

Mike Heins mike at heins.com
Tue Sep 12 07:24:35 UTC 2017

Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):

> > On Sep 11, 2017, at 12:27 PM, David Christensen <david at endpoint.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mike,
> >
> > From HEAD^ (i.e., before my patch), we have the following in lib/Vend/Util.pm:
> >
> > 	$Vend::Errors .= $msg . "\n"
> > 		if $Vend::Cfg->{DisplayErrors} || $Global::DisplayErrors;
> >
> > So this should be changed to also be &&, yes? I???m happy to
> > revert and fix this call site instead, since it sounds like there
> > is an established reason and it wasn???t an oversight as I???d
> > assumed. :-)
>
> Upon reviewing this, I???ve decided to leave things as-is; this
> instance occurs within `logError()` which I believe could be called
> in either a global context or a catalog-level context. I???m not
> convinced that turning this into an && won???t break this when
> called in a global context.
>
> If you think I???m wrong about being wrong here :-), please feel
> free to push a correction for this instance. I did go ahead and push
> a reversion to the commit which changed this logic.

I think this makes sense. Though I am not at all against a new default
interchange.cfg file which has

	DisplayErrors Yes

in it, expecially within the "ifdef DEBUG" area.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at heins.com>

"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good
ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
-- George Burns