[ic] Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9

marco m.mescoli at omnib.it
Sat Sep 30 00:21:31 UTC 2017

Il 29/09/2017 22:28, Josh Lavin ha scritto:
> Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):
>>>
>>> with perl 5.24.1
>>> # perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink"'
>>> inside interchange source dir
>>> # perl Makefile.PL
>>> # make
>>> On make I obtain this error:
>>> Can't locate scripts/initp.pl in @INC (..snip..) at relocate.pl line 25.
>>> Makefile:907: recipe for target 'scripts/crontab' failed
>>> make: *** [scripts/crontab] Error 2
>>

>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> What version of IC are you trying to install?
>>
>> I tested with a fresh plenv-based install of 5.24.1 on git HEAD, and
>> was not able to reproduce the issue. You could provide the Makefile if
>> you want to provide more detail.
>
> I did have to change relocate.pl recently for 5.26:
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/2f4212b67b0c3ccfa2741bb7be4c1036afe226ca#diff-860d2f1b7abed392558a5cd7f2ea9e6d
>
> This should not have affected prior versions of Perl, since David's
> test went OK, and also we are passing all the TravisCI tests of various
> Perl versions.
>
> 5.24 should have worked with the prior version of relocate.pl too, but
> you might need to use the "Git latest" version of Interchange, instead
> of the "5.10 release". See README-DEVELOPMENT on how to use this:
>
> https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/README-DEVELOPMENT
>
> I have a few more fixes for 5.26, which I need to commit soon.

Hi David and Josh, thanks for the help

The version I have tried to install was 5.10.0 from icdevgroup.org:
interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz

Now I have installed with success from git the same version downloading:
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/archive/master.zip

I have created and run demo strap but on restart interchange server:
su -c "/usr/local/interchange/bin/interchange -r" interch
give this error:

table userdb index failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
DBI: Index creation query 'CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `userdb_usernick` ON
`userdb` (`usernick`)' failed: Table 'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist
table 'userdb' failed: list_fields execute on `userdb`: Table
'test_strap.userdb' doesn't exist at
/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 2066.

Anyway the strap catalog run but none can login.

--
"Fino alla bara sinpara"
"Up to demise we rize"