[ic] IC freezes

Mike Heins mike at heins.com
Sun Jul 8 22:12:21 UTC 2018

As I said initially, I am sure this is a file locking issue. If you update
GDBM files, you are going to get locking problems while it is happening.
The locks stay on until the process ends, and this should happen for any
Interchange and Perl.

You will continue to have some problems as long as you are updating GDBM
databases from the running process. Move the DB to SQL and the problems
should disappear.

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 12:13 PM, René <interchange at hertell.com> wrote:

> On 26.06.2018 09:11, René wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> It looks to be a global issue. I tested with two different browsers, and
>> each browser in private-/incognito-mode. When saving or opening a row from
>> the locale-table, all freezes for 1-2 min.
>>
>> I'll install with perlbrew perl 5.10.1 (the same version as on
>> demo.icdevgroup.org), and let's see if the problem goes away.
>>

> I installed a fresh perl via perlbrew (perl-5.10.1) and fresh copy of IC,
> and the freezing seems now to be gone. I wonder what was causing this
> issue..
>

> René

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall