[ic] Interchange 5.12 and raising the Perl version

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Jul 17 05:28:54 UTC 2018

On 17/07/18 06:48, Jon Jensen wrote:
> It is time for us to finally release Interchange 5.12, and before we do
> so, I would like to raise Interchange's minimum required version of Perl
> to 5.14.1.

+1 from me.  While there is still ELS support for RHEL5 I can't see
anyone on that platform wanting to upgrade IC so this should not affect
them, and those that do can simply backport security fixes.

On the plus side it means I can finally start using the // operator in
IC code, I can actually see that operator alone being capable of
simplifying a lot of code. :-)

Peter