[ic] Interchange 5.12 and raising the Perl version

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Jul 18 01:09:03 UTC 2018

On 18/07/18 12:58, Jon Jensen wrote:
>> I’d be in favor of raising it even higher;

-1 We need to support current versions of enterprise distros without
requiring a separate perl build.

> David, I'm tempted, but let's stick with 5.14.1 as our new baseline for
> now. We should re-evaluate when another generation of "enterprise"/LTS
> distros goes into retirement.

I would be fine with establishing an overall policy over this, where we
re-evaluate on the retirement of any of a number of enterprise distros
that we track (RHEL, debian, Ubuntu, ...) and make sure to always
support the oldest available perl in any one of those distros that is
still actively supported.

Peter