[ic] IC freezes

René interchange at hertell.com
Tue Jun 26 06:11:41 UTC 2018

On 25.06.2018 16:17, David Christensen wrote:

>> I'm replying to my self. I just installed a new catalog under the same ic-instance, and there is still something strange. If i edit the locale-table via the admin-ui, all catalogs "freeze" for a certain period before the "lock/timeout" seems to get released and all pages work again smoothly.
>>
>> I'll try now with a fresh perlbrew-version of 5.24.1 and a fresh ic-install to see if i still have the same problem..
>
> When this is locked up is it responding to other requests?  (You’d want to check in a different browser, as it locks sessions from the same session.)  Basically trying to see if this is a local session-locking issue, or if it is a global IC lockup issue.

I tend to forget that this list puts the actoal sender in the from-field
instead of interchange-users at icdevgroup.org, so i replied (again :-)
directly to David.. So here again sent to the list :-)

Hi David,

It looks to be a global issue. I tested with two different browsers, and
each browser in private-/incognito-mode. When saving or opening a row
from the locale-table, all freezes for 1-2 min.

I'll install with perlbrew perl 5.10.1 (the same version as on
demo.icdevgroup.org), and let's see if the problem goes away.

René