[ic] Too very slow pages on ic 5.10.0

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sun Mar 11 18:51:39 UTC 2018

On 11/03/18 01:44, marco wrote:
> after 3 months of installation and light use my old production catalogue
> with:

> I notice that for the pages with heavy query became very slow and
> sometimes bring to "Gateway Timeout"
> "top" utility display cpu to 100% during page wait sometimes for mysql
> and sometimes for interchange

You need to benchmark the code on the problematic pages and find out
exactly which lines or blocks of code are causing the issue.

This is most likely going to be the result of lots of DB hits from some
very inefficient code.  Look for calls to [data] or [field], or similar
tags that waste db hits inside of a [loop] or similar.  Rewrite your
code so that it does a single query to the db to get all the data you
need instead and it will end up being way more efficient.

> I test the same catalogue in the same pages with the same db on the old
> server:
>
> the pages in the old server are quicker from 4 to 14 times !

This is not necessarily an Interchange difference here.  In fact I would
be more likely to look at differences in the db that means that the new
db can't handle all the hits of the old one, or maybe the new system is
not as fast with disk IO.  Compare mysql settings on the old and new server.

> This now is a serious problem for me and my client and in the attempt to
> quickly solve it I try to install (develop server) interchange 5.6.3 on
> the new server

I fear you may be barking up the wrong tree here, but others have helped
you with the installation issues so I won't go into that.

Peter