[ic] Displaying cat field in title tag

Steve Bronson steve at airdelights.com
Thu Mar 29 17:59:08 UTC 2018

On Mar 29, 2018, at 12:18 PM, Steve Bronson <[ steve at airdelights.com ]( mailto:steve at airdelights.com )> wrote:

Looking for help on displaying field in <title> tag in header. The field is in cat and field name is title_head_format How would I display contents of this field in my <title> tag?

Hi Steve,
You’d need to locate the template/page that is currently being used to generate the specific page (likely in the catalogs/<blah>/templates/ … directory) and locate the existing <title> block.
A likely recipe to find this relatively easily would be (from catalog root):
grep -R ‘<title>’ .
Once you find where the existing piece is, you can modify it to add the corresponding field via a [data …] or variable substitution if through the flypage.
HTH,
David

Hi David,

  Yes, I have the flypage but not sure of the code to display the field contents.  The mysql location of the field is cat::title_head_format.

What code would I use to display this field in my title tag?

this is the url of the page, it's a category page:
http://www.airdelights.com/workplace-safety-signs-category.html?cat=5839

thanks David!
steve at airdelights.com