[ic] What has happened to Interchange support?

Davideth Davideth at whojamadoogle.com
Wed May 16 18:02:30 UTC 2018

Thank you for the reply Mike.

And, especially, thank you for the many hours of effort that you have
put into this. Personally, I think that Interchange is better than the
ratings show. Perhaps this is due to limited exposure, out of sight, out
of mind. I also believe that with some additional effort on the part of
users and developers, Interchange could become a shining application
once again.

I do understand the issues involved and can see why many small and even
larger sites might opt for a more complete package at a monthly fee plus
a percentage of sales. That does not work for my situation as we are
very close to the level of a non-profit ( although some of our prices
are not what I would consider cheap ). There are people out there
desperately seeking products like ours.

I have tried to post improvements where I can. As a note, one of the
sites that I run is #1 organic for several competitive keywords and that
is due to some of the fine tuning that I have done to the page
structure. The ability of a site to have pages SEO optimized is critical
and I think that is is somewhat overlooked. Also, I believe that the
addition of Strap was a good one but again, there needs to be some tune up.

What I think is a major problem is the lack of visibility for
Interchange partly because it is not listed on many lists and as
mentioned a general lack of support.

 From what I see, EndPoint is probably responsible for 90 percent of
current development. They are doing an excellent job in some respects
but they have priced themselves out of the range of some customers.
Every lost customer is lost visibility for Interchange. EndPoint has
done some work for us in the past couple of years and they did
outstanding work. As you said, it is necessary to ring the cash register.

Also, In agreement with your statement, there is much that could be done
to improve Interchange if a benefactor or benevolent developer was to be
found. I can envision a full production system, including production and
operations, accounting functions, inventory control, etc.

In the mean time, I will continue to post both requests for feedback and
suggestions for improvement in hopes that some response may result.

Thanks again,

David