[ic] Patch: Remove REMOTE_USER From Session Name

Mike Heins mikeh at endpoint.com
Sun Apr 5 20:57:01 UTC 2020

Certainly could put

 if($Pragma->{session_remote_user} and defined $CGI::user and $CGI::user) {
        $host = escape_chars($CGI::user);
    }
    elsif($Pragma->{session_remote_user} and $CGI::cookieuser) {
        $host = $CGI::cookieuser;
    }
    elsif($CGI::cookiehost) {
        $host = $CGI::cookiehost;
    }

and allow for any users where this would break them. Though I doubt there
would be any.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 4:35 PM Mark Johnson <mark at endpoint.com> wrote:

> I'd like to propose removing the inclusion of REMOTE_USER when present
> from Vend::Session::session_name(). I have had occasion where it has
> caused trouble for me and needed to by-pass, and I'm not aware of any
> value added by having it there.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall