[ic] Email tag / MIME:Lite

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Tue Oct 6 15:00:58 UTC 2020

On Tue, 6 Oct 2020, Phil Smith wrote:

> But I cannot believe that no-one else uses the IC [email] tag anymore?
>
> Can anyone confirm it working on their catalo, and which versions of
> perl/IC/MIME::Lite they have?

Phil,

I checked an Interchange codebase I work on that still uses [email].

This site's emailing functions either use [email-raw] or a global usertag
that calls ::interpolate_html() on the contents of an ITL template that
calls [email]. So it's outside of Safe entirely.

They don't use [email] in any Safe code that I can find, which gives
further support for David's and Peter's suggestions that you may have a
Safe problem.

That is on Perl 5.22.0 + Interchange 5.10.0.

However, the [email] tag still works in Safe code on the stock Strap demo
catalog, at least on the demo server. I just tested it here:

https://demo.interchangecommerce.org/i/demo/lost_password

and it sent out the email as expected.

That is a normal [email] tag in the file:

dist/strap/pages/member/get_password.html

It is running on Perl 5.28.1 + latest Interchange Git code.

You can of course stop using MIME::Lite, but I think this is just a Safe
problem.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen