[ic] Time Left In Session

Phil Smith phil.smith at phil-home.com
Wed Oct 13 14:14:22 UTC 2021

Hi All

I'm after some advice, I would like to add a JQuery popup to my IC site
warning users their session is about to expire. We have some JQuery pages
that users can use for ages without actually submitting anything back to the
server, so the IC session times out.

I originally thought a simply ajax request every few minutes to check if the
session is still logged in - then occurred to me, those requests alone will
keep the session alive.

Is there any way to see how long a session has been inactive, without
effecting the session itself?

I am using file based sessions, would rather not move the sessions into the
DB, but could if that is the only way.

Thanks in advance

Phil.

https://www.avg.com