[ic] Website down

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Feb 15 01:38:31 UTC 2023

On 15/02/23 12:40, Jon Jensen via interchange-users wrote:
> Email seems inherently as good as ever, but it is part of a larger
> ecosystem that has become very centralized, hostile to smaller servers,
> and clogged with spam, phishing, and abuse.

This is mostly true.  It is still possible to maintain smaller servers,
but it requires a great deal of knowledge and effort to do it correctly.

I think the real issue for this list is the list has grown stale and
such extremely low volume that the noise has grown to far outweigh the
signal on this list and it is no longer viable to maintain in this
state.  Certainly it would be worth it if Interchange and the mailing
list were more active, but unfortunately that is simply no longer the case.

> There isn't really anything better that is open and accessible to
> everyone, so I am sad to see it so hobbled.

IRC is still around, drop in and say hi :-)

Peter