Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] [mv 3.14] [if value.....

I have a column (Qty) in a products database (computer.asc).
The value for each item shows how many items are in stock or on backorder.
Typical values would be:

Qty
5
0
-13

I am trying to display either "In stock" or "On backorder" as required on
the item flypage.
Have tried both the following (and other efforts) without success:

[if data computer::Qty::<1] On backorder [else] In stock. [/else] [/if]

    [if value [item Qty] >0]
   In stock
    [else]
On backorder
    [/else]
    [/if]

Battling with this for some hours and could not find a similar example in
the docs....any tips toward getting this working would be appreciated.

Thanks
Simon