[Camps-users] Integration with related projects

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Dec 17 16:28:56 UTC 2008

> Yet there are these other major, popular, well-developed,
> interesting, useful, solid languages at our disposal that can do the
> same stuff Perl does with similar levels of developer productivity (i.e.
> they're similarly expressive; this is definitely true for Ruby, while
> Python is perhaps a bit less so but not necessarily badly less so), and
> yet have fully-developed native object systems.

I think "similar levels of developer productivity" is, at best, a mighty
stretch, The company has at least 100 combined years of Perl experience,
and a good number of people who have been writing Perl for well over 10
years. Yeah, Moose sucks (I may pull it out of Bucardo one of these
days, I regret adding it in the first place now), but other languages
have other weaknesses to balance out their built-in classiness. All that
aside, I've no objections to trying out Ruby. Python I would object to. :)

--
Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com 610-983-9073
End Point Corporation