[Camps-users] chcamp utility?

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Sun Jan 24 14:55:38 UTC 2010

On Jan 24, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Gert van der Spoel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In perldoc of Camp::Config it writes:
> "Camp::Config relies on a combination of environment variables
> (managed by
> the chcamp utility) and Interchange global variables to determine the
> particulars of the runtime environment in which it is invoked. Three
> pieces
> of information are determined from this:"
>
> I do not think I have found that file in the repositories but sounds
> important enough for an initial set up ...

I'm not sure if this piece of documentation predated the path
inspection to locate the camp in question, but that was included in
older versions of the camps system, pretty much just set the CAMP
environment variable.  I'm only aware of one camp installation that
uses this; any of the new installations pretty much exclusively use
cwd-based detection.

Your camps will be created generally in ~/camp\d\d, and the camp
scripts will first check for the CAMP environment variable, and
failing that, fall back to $CWD =~ /camp(\d+)/ && $1 (more-or-less) to
locate the camp number.