[Camps-users] chcamp utility?

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Sun Jan 24 15:08:51 UTC 2010

> On Jan 24, 2010, at 7:01 AM, Gert van der Spoel wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In perldoc of Camp::Config it writes:
> > "Camp::Config relies on a combination of environment variables
> > (managed by
> > the chcamp utility) and Interchange global variables to determine the
> > particulars of the runtime environment in which it is invoked. Three
> > pieces
> > of information are determined from this:"
> >
> > I do not think I have found that file in the repositories but sounds
> > important enough for an initial set up ...
>
> I'm not sure if this piece of documentation predated the path
> inspection to locate the camp in question, but that was included in
> older versions of the camps system, pretty much just set the CAMP
> environment variable.  I'm only aware of one camp installation that
> uses this; any of the new installations pretty much exclusively use
> cwd-based detection.

Ok it's referenced 2-3 times in the perldoc of Camp::Config ..

> Your camps will be created generally in ~/camp\d\d, and the camp
> scripts will first check for the CAMP environment variable, and
> failing that, fall back to $CWD =~ /camp(\d+)/ && $1 (more-or-less) to
> locate the camp number.

Ah I had not seen that camp\d\d is the name to choose ... I had created:
/home/gert/camping/mydomain

camp01, 02, 03 .. did not seem to be very explanatory and thought to have
mydomain
myotherdomain
mydomain-fixshipping

etc, to be more useful names for camps to set up.

But that is not possible, it is camp\d\d ?

CU,

Gert