[Camps-users] New website is live

Brian 'Phunk' Gadoury bgadoury at endpoint.com
Tue Jul 12 19:03:40 UTC 2011

Jon Jensen wrote:
> I am red/green colorblind and had a hard time reading the previous blue
> color (which only you & Ben & Steph saw, Brian).
>
> I can read the current green fine but don't love it.
>
> Marko suggested a lighter green with a drop shadow, as in the middle of
> this screenshot:
>
> http://www.devcamps.org/tmp/devcamp-example.png
>
> What do you all think of that?
>
> Jon

The bright green on bright red is a tiring combination for me to read, and
I'm not colorblind. The drop shadow is certainly better, but it feels like
a band-aid fix for the color problem.

This is probably a known issue, but on the latest stable FireFox 5 on
Windows 7, the caps-lock copy in the middle of the page is "all smashed
together" (to use a technical term.) I'm also not a fan of caps-lock style
copy in general, but can appreciate its intentional quirkiness in this
situation.

I've posted a screenshot with the latest Chrome versus FireFox to
illustrate the all-smashed-together effect:
http://bgadoury.endpoint.com/images/devcamps-chrome-vs-firefix.png

Also, my chair back is uncomfortable and it's very humid today. OK, I
think that covers all my current complaints! :)

-Phunk

--
Brian 'Phunk' Gadoury
End Point Corporation