[Camps-users] Can camps restrict access?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 01:56:27 UTC 2011

>> I'd like to hire a freelancer to work on my Interchange website.  I
>> don't want to provide access to all of my code, but instead only the
>> particular file or files being worked on.  Can camps help restrict
>> access to all but the specified file or files?  If not, does anyone
>> have an idea for facilitating that sort of access restriction?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> Not really that I know of. The camp needs a full check out of the source
> tree, whatever portion of that source tree is required at least. So
> restricting access, particularly read access, to a subset would likely
> prove difficult. I've gathered you can do this sort of thing with
> Subversion repos but can't say I've tried or heard of such a thing with
> camps.

You're right, subversion can control access per directory, but not per
file which is what I need:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html

Thanks for your help and I'll be back to look more at camps once I
figure out how to restrict access per file.  I may resort to
chown/chmod for that.

- Grant