[Camps-users] Setting up camps

info at shopbutternut.com info at shopbutternut.com
Tue Aug 7 16:17:17 UTC 2012

Hi Jon - Thanks so much for asking! I really appreciate it!  I have
pasted below a chart of my progress and perhaps someone would be kind
enough to point out glaring mistakes or provide insight into some of
the notes/questions.  That would be delightful! Again, my goal is a
functioning sandbox setup of Camps just for our own internal use on an
instance of Centos5 on a virtual machine here in our office just so we
can familiarize ourselves with it and begin work on a rails version of
our current sites possibly using Piggybak for the e-commerce piece.
Very best regards, Russell

Camps Setup
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
User	root
------------
Working Directory created for camps source code from
github												/usr/local/camp
		/bin, /cgi-bin, /htdocs, /lib....
		Notes:
		Added /lib/File/pushd.pm, correct location?
		Questions:
		How to set up camps admin page? From /htdocs?  Set up a Virtual Host for it?

User	camp
-------------
Home Directory	~
		symlink /usr/local/camp/bin
		symlink /usr/local/camp/lib
		camp-db-config
		/camp-config-files
			variable definitions for master.pm, config.pm?
		/spree
			copy-paths.yml (proper location? Clarification needed re. function)
			local-config (proper location? Clarification needed re. function)
			/etc (correct location for "tokenized" rails app with Piggybak gem?)
				Usual folders for new rails app (tokenized) including ./git
				/httpd
					/conf (should httpd.conf be in this directory instead?)
					/conf.d (supplementary *.conf files, including passenger.conf
(tokens needed?)
					httpd.conf (with tokens)
				/mysql
					symlink to /usr/local/camp/mysql/my.cnf (?)
					Will this set up MySQL properly on camp creation in ~/russell?

User	spree (Production user, uses system Apache, Passenger, MySQL)
Home Directory	~
		/live
			/rails
				/spree
					new rails app with Piggybak gem, blog gem installed
					system Apache/Passenger set up to serve this app as "live site"
					git installed, will set up to "pull' down modified camps from ~/russell

User	russell (sole "developer" for our purposes)
When setup complete, mkcamp command will create first camp in
~/russell featuring new rails app with Piggybak gem
Home Directory	~
		Usual folders for new rails app including ./git to push up modified
data to github
		/httpd (folder created for Apache/Passenger instance from camp
user's folder)
		/mysql (MySQL instance set up via symlink to /usr/local/camp/mysql
with custom socket set up)