[Camps-users] mkcamp mysql database creation script missing name

Sam Batschelet sbatschelet at mac.com
Sun Aug 19 14:02:34 UTC 2012

I am using the most current version of camps from git with
interchange.  During mkcamp I get a failure from mysql during the
database creation step.  From what I can gather Master.pm created the
following mysql command

mysql -u root -p'password' --socket=/socket/location.mysql.sock < /
home/camp/campname/mysql/tmp/camp.sql

which gives me
ERROR 1046 (3D000) at line 22: No database selected
Error importing data

The fix for this as far as myql is concerned would be to include the
db name so the command would read

mysql -u root -p'password' dbname --socket=/socket/location.mysql.sock
< /home/camp/campname/mysql/tmp/camp.sql

I don't feel like I should be making adjustments to Master.pm so
perhaps there is an issue with something else where the data is not
being picked up?  Any light shed on this would be great.  Also the
last part of the puzzle is I am getting an odd seemingly hard coded
camp variable pointing to camp23.  I see this variable in
interchange.bin and also in the @INC reference.  I saw in the pod
notes a reference to camp23 as well so perhaps this is a default?
Camp generates the correct number everywhere else.  Also it seems that
bin/interchange is not being created during mkcamp. I am assuming this
will be resolved once the mysql script is corrected?

Thanks

-Sam