[Camps-users] Configuring camp-index

Richard Templet richard at endpoint.com
Wed Aug 14 01:03:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 02:17:43PM -0700, info at shopbutternut.com wrote:
> Hi.  Am trying to figure out proper configuration for camp-index
> management page.  I put the script in the main server htdocs in
> cgi-bin, where I assumed it goes since the source files have it in a
> cgi-bin folder.  It is served up fine, but the connection to the
> camps data doesn't seem to fire up:
>
> use lib '/home/camp/lib';
> use Camp::Master qw(camp_list);
>
> In my setup /home/camp/lib symlinks to the main system camps library
> at /usr/local/camp/lib but I am not getting the active camps listing
> via Camp/Master.pm, if I am understanding it correctly?

Are you getting an error inside the system error.log file for Apache? I'm assuming your using Apache. :) You might also check the suexec.log if you have one of those. I don't think it's going to like following a symlink to try to run a cgi. I'm pretty sure that breaks one of the security measures that suexec puts in place. You might have to copy the actual camp-index script into somewhere like /var/www/cgi-bin and adjust your ScriptAlias directive to match.

There are also a few variables inside the camp-index file you need to adjust.

Did you set these properly?

my $title = 'Your camps here';
my $camp_type = 'sample';
my $production_url = 'http://your.url.here/';

The most important one is the $camp_type variable needs to match up with whatever is in camp_types.camp_type.

Richard Templet
End Point Corp.