[Camps-users] Additional Scripts During Camp Creation

Richard Templet richard at endpoint.com
Mon May 27 15:34:48 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 01:36:22PM -0400, Sam Batschelet wrote:
> I am looking to extend functionality of camps to include running a few bash scripts during camp creation.  My thoughts were to setup a file much like camp-config-files to list out the location of the scripts and the order of processing.  Before I did this I was curious if anyone has done anything like this or would object to this type of functionality.  I have some custom perl configurations and services that I am building during camp creation as well as using carton to locally install perl modules.  I would like to manage this process with these scripts, adding this functionality I feel would be helpful for others as there camp setups become more complex.

I was going to work on creating a post_mkcamp_script addition to the local-config that would run things after mkcamp gets finished it's normal routine. I know our Ruby folks are real anxious for that to get done so that after mkcamp runs it will automatically run any rake tasks that need to happen for the camp to really be ready.

Richard Templet
End Point Corporation