[interchange-docs] Invalid XHTML?

Davor Ocelic docelic at mail.inet.hr
Sun Apr 2 06:18:52 EDT 2006

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:13:13 -0800
Peter <peter at pajamian.dhs.org> wrote:

> If you click on the W3C XHTML icon at the bottom of almost every page (i
> checked a few pages at random so i can't speak for *every* page) it
> fails validation.  I think that one of the requirements for using that
> icon is that the page passes the validator?

Hi Peter,

You are right. Last time I checked, it did pass the validation.

If you look at the errors, they are basically of just two types.

- One is missing xmlns="", which is easy to fix.

- The other, however, is caused by the <meta> tags that we inserted
  just a few days ago to improve Swish search function.

 We'll have to see whether we value this specific xhtml compatibility
 enough to use a different approach to inserting <meta> tags (one that
 would put them inside <head />), or we will simply remove the xhtml
 icon.

Thanks for spotting this,
-doc