[interchange-docs] http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/iccattut/MinimalCatalog.html

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Mar 31 21:30:20 EST 2006

On 03/31/2006 03:33 PM, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Davor Ocelic <docelic at griffin.linux.hr> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:34:54 -0800 (PST) "William O. Yates" <hackware at tru2life.net> wrote:
>>
>>>i was not refering to the path, but the filename...
>>>
>>>catalogs.cfg should be interchange.cfg
>>>

>>No Will, as I said, the right path *and filename* on Debian is
>>
>>/etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg
>>
>>The Debian packages are done in such a way that interchange.cfg includes
>>catalogs.cfg.
>>

> That's very strange.  I've never seen that on any system I've worked
> on.  Then again, I don't tend to come across Debian systems.  Is that
> file Debian-specific or is it set up like that on any other distros?

The Red Hat RPMs use interchange.cfg.  In fact, I don't know of any
system that uses catalogs.cfg either and this is the first I've heard of
Debian using it.

My personal opinion is that the interchange developers and documentors
shouldn't have to be concerned with documenting every change that a 3rd
party packager makes to the standard distribution.  If someone is going
to rename files in the Debian package then it should be on his shoulders
to support it, not ours.

Peter