[interchange-biz] Interchange help

paul jordan paul@gishnetwork.com
Wed Nov 20 14:53:01 2002

> Hi,
>
> I'm needing to set up a catalog site and Interchange looks
> like it will
> work well for us. We'll be selling agricultural replacement
> parts. I've
> done a little with perl and worked with a product call "yams" (yet
> another merchant system) a couple of years ago, but have
> since forgotten
> most of what I learned. I'd like to have a site running by
> January 1 and
> don't have the time to sit down and learn all this stuff first. I'm
> needing someone who can set up and host (or recommend a host for) the
> site.
>
> I'll have less than one hundred items in 4 or 5 sections. We
> want to do
> quantity break pricing. We already have a UPS account that we
> do quite a
> bit of volume with, so we'll need to figure in shipping on UPS. Of
> course all the credit card and secure stuff. Probably will
> also do some
> cross-selling. Maybe offer nuts and bolts when the customer orders
> certain parts.
>
> There is a VERY crude website up that we'll replace:
> www.agparts.net. We
> have started producing some castings with the url on them, so had to
put
> something up until we can get a commerce site going.

> Please let me know if you have an idea on this.

> Thanks,

> Joe D. Trent

Hi Joe!

Well, I can recommend www.newmediaems.com for hosting/consulting. The
owner is part of the DevGroup, and very IC centric with his plans.

There are lists circulating in the archives with more hosts, just do a
little searching. I am not sure if Ed (newmedia) actually designs
sites.. I think he does but I am not sure, you can ask him. He is very
striaght, and honest.

I could design your site for you, it sounds pretty easy for an IC site.
Unfortunately I am very busy right now, and would not make your
deadline. I don't normaly do any work for people (IC), but your project
sounds actually fun :)

Let's see. I believe there is Phipps, yeah they do designing for IC...
let me get that for you... http://www.reliant-solutions.com. the guy to
talk to there is Ron Phipps if I remember correctly.

Of course there is www.perusion.com. Home of the author of IC. I am not
sure what exaclty their extent of service beyond consulting is, but more
than likely they have a hosting partner, and store design capability.

Said that, you could do this yourself. Getting the functions to work is
the easy part, just a little data entry. You can always use the supplied
DEMO (foundation) and alter that. How far you want to alter the
appearance is up to you, and all you would need is HTML, and maybe a
little understanding of ITL.

Paul