[interchange-biz] sorry

Mike Heins mike@perusion.com
Thu Apr 10 12:47:00 2003

Quoting mark (linkme@linkme.us):

> --
> sorry guys, I thought that's what this group was for, I will delete the
> posting as soon as i figure out how. Also, i don't believe linkme.us is
> a spam site

It takes a specially unethical person to come into a group that they
have not participated in and blast a ridiculously offtopic message to it.

What are you doing, running an email address harvester and looking
for likely lists at which to promote your scam?

If you are willy-nilly searching the world  for email lists ending
in -biz and then blasting your scammy message to it, you should
be ashamed of yourself. That is spamming.

As for it being a spam site, a spam site is one that is promoted
by spam. Therefore bodyextreme.biz is a spam site.

A spam source is one from which where spam is sent. Therefore
linkme.us is a spam source.

To NAC and SERVEPATH:

Thanks for following up on the complaint. I am not sure I thank you for
passing the complaining email address on to the spammer, though.

I would suggest you terminate this user's account if you receive any
more complaints at all. Or now if you are of a mind.

We get and reject thousands of spams a month targeted toward these
lists. I would like it if more networks stopped participating in
the massive distributed denial-of-service attack that is spam.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman