[ic] IC Stability vs. MV4

John Beima jbeima@reality.palb.com
Sun, 03 Dec 2000 20:29:03 -0700 (MST)

G'Day Eric,

I have run some of the sites I have done under Interchange, and they seem to be
running fine.

However I have created them from the ground up. In other words there was no
starting template.

Also we don't use MiniMate or the new UI. Just the Interchange engine. I write
my own User Interfaces. I can make them simplier for the common end user then
and much more specific.

Where I have run into problems is where you WANT to use the UI. The metatag
database must be updated between MiniVend & Interchange. Heck even between some
versions of Interchange it must ne updated.

Then there is the addition of the Variables database. All of this seems to need
to be in place in order for the UI to start up.

If things go as they have in the past, I look forward to when we can customize
the UI more. Or even write custom menus for it. I know you can do some of it
with the Variables database, but like anything else, we need to give Akopia time
to expand it.

Until then, just right your own UI and use the enginge. After all it is still
MiniVend, just a newer version with some new features. The import tag also works
better!

John Beima