[ic] reading and writing interchange's html files

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:57:56 -0500

Quoting Andrew Waegel (andrew@benevolent-tech.com):
> Hello,
>
> Some questions about the internals of interchange. Since I've not been able
> to make an account on bugzilla, I've not been able to post a bug report
> about the issue of linebreaks being written to the template section of an
> interchange html file using IE 5.0 on Mac (don't laugh, works better than
> NN for the most part).
>
> I am, however, happy to fix the problem myself with a little guidance. So,
> my question is this: when creating a new page (or editing an existing page)
> with the Interchange UI, where is the code that's actually responsible for
> writing the .html file to the /catalog/pages directory? I've looked in
> /lib/UI/pages/admin/page_edit.html, but I don't think that's it. Any
> guidance? Is it part of the Interchange daemon? Thanks!

Actually it is lib/UI/pages/admin/page_save.html. I haven't been working
on that version of the content stuff, as I am in the middle of a complete
rewrite of it (existing templates will be compatible, don't worry).

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown