[ic] Multiple ship to's...

Warren Odom warren-odom@stenocall.com
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:30:11 -0600

Mike said:
>That is my development machine -- the stuff isn't linked into checkout,
>only to basket.
>
>If you manipulate them in the basket then it will work fine, I think. 8-)

Well, it took me a minute or two to notice that "Separate addresses"
link-but once I did, I see it does seem to work much better that way.  Even
the OK and Cancel buttons on the Shipping Addresses page return nicely to
the basket page!

So are you saying that the demo is broken only on your machine, and the
downloadable version works from the checkout page also?

Oh, and I'm still wondering what "Save here only" (on othe Shipping
Addresses page) means.

           -- Warren

P.S.  Some interface notes:  I would like to suggest drop-down boxes in
preference to listing all known addresses on each line item.  That could run
into a lot of screen real estate.  And I observed an unexpected behavior:
When I was all done and went to checkout, the fields labeled "Shipping
Address (primary)" were filled with the alternate address I'd added earlier.
I don't think I consciously did anything to cause that to become the
"primary" shipping address.  And it seems that if you want the user to be
able to change the "primary" address at that point, he should be able to
select from among the various addresses with a drop-down box.