[ic] Saving shopping carts

Chris Rapier rapier@psc.edu
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 12:07:05 -0500

I was working on an idea for users to save their shopping carts so they
can return to them later. My idea was that, after logging in, they could
access carts they previously saved and pick up shopping where they left
off. I have a way to do it but its exteremely... hackish (database keyed
on the username+timestamp with the row containing cells which hold the
sku and quantity (eg bob976292700	425:1	421:3	62461:2))

I remember seeing something about this several months ago but I can't
find it in the archives. Has anyone done anything like this or can
suggest a better way?