[ic] Hiding Admin Functionality

Dallas Vogels dvogels@forestind.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:39:11 -0800

Hello,

	I am trying to find a way to hide functionality within the Administration
Interface.  For instance I wish to hide the Pricing, Up-sell, Cross-sell,
and Inventory hyperlinks that appear as a sub-menu after clicking on Create
New Item (or by editing an existing one).  I also wish to be able to turn on
one, all, or any combination of the pre-mentioned hyperlinks.

	Reaching the point of frustration I pose the following question:  How do I
individually shut off specific sub-menu (and sub-sub-menu) hyperlinks on a
PER-CATALOG basis?

	Looking at how the entire process works I have determined the following:

1) catalog_before.cfg (located in the root of the Interchange installation)
is contains all the data for building the sub-menu items.  Here is an
excerpt from the file:

############### catalog_before.cfg #####################

[lots of code before...]

Variable UI_SUBMENU_Reports <<EOV
code    next_line       indicator       depends_on      page    form    name
1                               __UI_BASE__/orderstats          Orders
2                               __UI_BASE__/trafficstats
Traffic
[if-mm super]3                          __UI_BASE__/tablereport
Custom
[/if-mm]
EOV

[lots of code after...]

############### catalog_before.cfg #####################

I am sure that this file is used for every catalog using the Interchange
server;  Customization of catlog_before.cfg on a per-catalog basis seems to
be impossible.

2) catalog_before.cfg is loaded before each catalog's catalog.cfg; if I have
3 catalogs catalog_before.cfg is loaded once for each catalog BEFORE
catalog.cfg

3) My knowledge of Perl is very limited at this point.  The file located at
[Interchange installation root]/lib/UI/vars/ called UI_STD_HEAD contains the
Perl code that builds the sub-menu's

Thank you for any help,

	Dallas Vogels