[ic] Hiding Admin Functionality

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:15:42 -0500

Quoting Dallas Vogels (dvogels@forestind.com):
> Hello,
>
> 	I am trying to find a way to hide functionality within the Administration
> Interface.  For instance I wish to hide the Pricing, Up-sell, Cross-sell,
> and Inventory hyperlinks that appear as a sub-menu after clicking on Create
> New Item (or by editing an existing one).  I also wish to be able to turn on
> one, all, or any combination of the pre-mentioned hyperlinks.
>
> 	Reaching the point of frustration I pose the following question:  How do I
> individually shut off specific sub-menu (and sub-sub-menu) hyperlinks on a
> PER-CATALOG basis?
>

> 	Looking at how the entire process works I have determined the following:
>

> 1) catalog_before.cfg (located in the root of the Interchange installation)
> is contains all the data for building the sub-menu items.  Here is an
> excerpt from the file:
>
> ############### catalog_before.cfg #####################
>
> [lots of code before...]
>
> Variable UI_SUBMENU_Reports <<EOV
> code    next_line       indicator       depends_on      page    form    name
> 1                               __UI_BASE__/orderstats          Orders
> 2                               __UI_BASE__/trafficstats
> Traffic
> [if-mm super]3                          __UI_BASE__/tablereport
> Custom
> [/if-mm]
> EOV
>
> [lots of code after...]

You found it exactly. Now just copy that snippet into the catalog.cfg
of the catalog you want to change, edit it to suit, and it will be
in force for that catalog only.

The sequence of catalog configuration parsing is:

    catalog_before.cfg
    catalog.cfg
    catalog_after.cfg

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.