[ic] Problem getting Signio i/f to run

Webmaster of Infothai webmaster@infothai.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:02:50 +0700

Hi again,

I've isolated my problems with the Signio interface routine
to the fact that 'pfpro' cannot find its library routine:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpfpro.so" not found

The library routine is located in the interchange/lib directory,
along with the 'pfpro' program itself. Since I run in a virtual
server, I cannot put the library routine in /usr/lib (where some
documentation suggests it should go). Instead, I set the
'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' variable in the environment (as is suggested
elsewhere in the Signio documentation), and the 'test.sh' then works
under both my default shell (tcsh) and the Interchange default (sh).

I added the name 'LD_LIBARY_PATH' to the 'environment' variable
in interchange.cfg, but that had no effect.

It seems clear that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH value is not being
promulgated to the pfpro program when it is spawned from the
signio globalsub, but as I don't know how to accomplish this,
I'm stuck.

All suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Best regards,

Mike McCune