[ic] Problem getting Signio i/f to run

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 01:19:20 -0500

Quoting Webmaster of Infothai (webmaster@infothai.com):
> Hi again,
>
> I've isolated my problems with the Signio interface routine
> to the fact that 'pfpro' cannot find its library routine:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpfpro.so" not found
>
> The library routine is located in the interchange/lib directory,
> along with the 'pfpro' program itself. Since I run in a virtual
> server, I cannot put the library routine in /usr/lib (where some
> documentation suggests it should go). Instead, I set the
> 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' variable in the environment (as is suggested
> elsewhere in the Signio documentation), and the 'test.sh' then works
> under both my default shell (tcsh) and the Interchange default (sh).
>
> I added the name 'LD_LIBARY_PATH' to the 'environment' variable
			^^^ typo I presume
> in interchange.cfg, but that had no effect.
>
> It seems clear that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH value is not being
> promulgated to the pfpro program when it is spawned from the
> signio globalsub, but as I don't know how to accomplish this,
> I'm stuck.

It won't make any difference if the CGI program executable
does not have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set -- in fact it will hurt because
Interchange will overwrite what its normal LD_LIBRARY_PATH
is with the presumably differnet one of the vlink/tlink
program.

The key is to do an "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=whatever" before
starting interchange.

If you want to guarantee it, edit the first lines of bin/interchange
as is shown for PGPPATH, etc. Ugly, but it works.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall