[ic] Templates getting lost during edit on admin UI

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:19:37 -0500

Quoting Martin Abell (abellmt@spsp.net):
> I've started a catalog based on the construct demo (using Interchange 4.6)
> and when I go to edit certain pages (e.g., help.html) using the admin UI,
> the template piece gets lost.
>
> That is, I edit the content and save, and that is OK.  But if I edit again,
> the template (e.g., "Page with top/left areas") is gone (i.e., "Select a
> Page Template"), and if I save that, some mess gets saved and the page won't
> come up in the browser at all.
>
> (After numerous trials, I have failed to figure out what the checkbox "Save
> template in page" does.  It appears to drop a very large comment into the
> template area of the saved page.)
>
> Anybody recognize this?

I think this is a bug that was fixed in 4.6.1, found and fix suggested
by Andrew Waegel.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence
is simplicity. -- Longfellow