[ic] Templates getting lost during edit on admin UI

Zack Johnson zack@augustine.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 16:40:48 -0500

For what it's worth, I upgraded to 4.6.1 on our server and the problem
still persists.

We've been able to track the problem down to (what appears to be) a CR/LF
translation problem. The template is there, in tact, but in the template
"header", the LF that separates the two lines simply becomes a CR (I think)
and the two lines display one one, and Windows shows the little block
character in between.  If I use a Windows client to 'ftp' in, view the file
in ASCII mode (with Notepad), and replace the CR with a CR/LF, the page
reverts back to normal.  So, ignorant as I am, it seems the LF *nix wants
gets stripped.

This problem has freaked us out more that once, but the fix is easy.

Good luck!

Zack